Sunday, January 5, 2014

Coming Back Home

    I'm currently on my winter break before my second semester of college.During this break I've been told 'you look different' or 'you seem different" countless time.At first I didn't think much of it,but as break progressed I realized I really have changed. With graduating high school and going to a college where I knew maybe 5 people but I didn't know them personally at all, I had to leave behind a lot of things. I left my friends and family behind, soccer, theatre, and swim. For most of my life soccer and theatre have been a huge part of my life. Especially soccer which I've played since kindergarden.I've also loved swimming my whole life and have done swim team the past two years so that's a impact as well. So leaving those behind has changed me.Throughout the year there are times when I have missed them but at the same time,I know that my life for the better. Before I started college,I told myself that I was not going to be shy anymore and for the most part I have let that stand.I was even told once that I seemed to be a extroverted type of person.
   I've also had to learn a lot more about responsibility then I've had to know in past years.I had to keep track of my money and make sure that I had enough money  for the things that I need but still enough where I could go have fun with my friends.Throughout high school,I would have my parents always asking me about my grades and if they got a call saying I missed a class they would immediately talk to me;but now it's all up to me.I have the choice to go to class, I have to keep track of my grades and I also have to make sure that I am taking the classes that I need in order to graduate.With coming back, I have noticed with some of my friends that are still in high school that I am a lot more mature than they are now and I feel a ton older even though i'm only a year ahead.Now i'm saying I don't like my friends anymore or that they are immature, it's just that college had changed me personality wise.
    On regards to looking different on the outside,I've started to care a ton more about what I look like since people at my school see me everyday.Of course I still have days where I'm just in a t-shirt and sweats but my appearance just matters a lot more to me than before.So yeah I've changed but I would say it's for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment